We know you care about how your personal data is used and shared, and we take your privacy and what happens to your personal information very seriously.
Our contact details
Name: Emma Dewhurst, Emma Dew Coaching, Whitstable, Kent United Kingdom
Phone Number: 0845 388 2243 (calls cost 5p per minute from the UK + your network’s access charge)
Date of policy: 07 June 2021
The purpose of this Policy is to explain to you how we collect and use your personal information through the business and while you browse or use this website, in accordance with the United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR).
If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing/using this website, and or refrain from submitting your personal data to us.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is up-to-date. If any of your personal information changes, please email us at the contact details above.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
In this section you will find information about what personal data we collect from users and site visitors.
Generally, you control the amount and type of information that you provide to us when using our website. This may include your email address, first and last name, IP identifier as outlined below.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you in one or more of these ways:
- The website’s Subscription form when you subscribe to our Newsletter
- The website’s Contact form when you get in touch
- Our embedded scheduler when you book a coaching call
- Optional questions at the point of booking a call
- Manual paper notes Emma Dew Coaching might make during your 60 minute call
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Send you our newsletter
- Make you aware of coaching opportunities, discounts to our services etc
- Respond to any messages to us via our Contact Form
- Arrange with you a 60 minute free coaching call, as a precursor to using our paid services
- Give to Emma Dew Coaching a fuller picture of your life and/or career, so that you may receive an optimum coaching call experience via the questions asked of you at point of booking the call
- Provide you with a summary email with insights and action steps following our call
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information may include the IP address of your computer/the proxy server you use to access the Internet, your Internet service provider’s name, your web browser type, the type of mobile device, your computer operating system, and data about your browsing activity when using our website. We use all this information to analyse how our users use our website to help us improve it.
Lawful Bases for Processing your personal data
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
Lawful basis: Consent: Please note: You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by using the contact details above.
The reason we use this basis:
- For collecting and processing your personal information when you get in touch with us via our Contact Form.
- For collecting and processing your personal data when you sign up to our newsletter and information about our products and services through our website opt-in forms or email service provider links, or give us permission to subscribe you to our newsletter via an email direct to Emma Dewhurst. We process your information using the email service provider (EMS) MailerLite.
- In the event you become a client of Emma Dew Coaching, your explicit consent may also be requested to log accreditation hours to a third party coaching body, such as the International Coaching Federation
Lawful basis: Contractual
- This basis applies when you ask us to provide you with a free scheduled coaching call of 60 minutes, as per your booking using our embedded scheduler provided by Calendar Hero
The reason we use this basis: it enables us to deliver pre-contractual services to you at your request.
Sharing your information:
- We do not share or sell your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- From time to time, as a professional coach who benefits from coaching supervision, I may share unidentifiable details of our 60 minute free coaching call with a professional Coaching Supervisor. At no time will the Supervisor be able to identify the client from the details I share.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
How we store your personal information and for how long
Your information may be securely stored electronically, on paper or in a mixture of both. We keep personal information about you for as long as we may reasonably need to keep it for the purposes expressed above, or as long as it is needed for legal, business or tax purposes, or until you request it to be deleted. When it is no longer needed we will erase, delete and destroy it.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the UK GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons/tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the UK GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences/the information we hold about you at any time. See any email newsletter or marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.
Our EMS provider is; MailerLite. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- First and Last Name
- Email address
- IP address
- Subscription time & date
- The method by which you subscribed (website opt-in form etc)
- Any other information we asked for and you gave us at point of subscribing
Cookies are small pieces of data that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or application.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Some cookies will be saved for specific time periods, where others may last indefinitely.
Your web browser should provide you with the controls to manage and delete cookies from your device: please see your web browser options. However, if you choose to do so, you may not be able to access certain services on our website rightly, and some pages may not load properly.
Cookies that we may use:
- Essential cookies: authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts
- Performance cookies: these collect information about a user’s use of the website
- Session cookies: these perform such tasks as remembering what you have in your shopping cart. Session cookies expire after each browsing session
- Functional cookies allow the user to watch video on this site, or listen to audio, or, if allowed, to post a blog post
- Media cookies: improve the performance of the website and provide special features and content. They may be placed via third party plugins. They may also allow you to share content with social networks.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Third Party Cookies
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, the number of visitors to the website and blog, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited. It does not collect your name or any other information that makes you personally identifiable.
Read Google’s overview of privacy and safeguarding data.
If you wish to stop Google Analytics from using your information, you can opt out at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
WordPress Zero Spam:
We use the plugin to block spam from our Contact form. It’s a plug-in that blocks suspicious comments (including suspicious IP addresses) which deletes spam comments to save us time and potential hazard. You can read more about the plug-in here: https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/zero-spam/#description
From time to time we may embed videos from YouTube using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode.
Read more at YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
Social Media Plugins
We may use third party plugins to allow you to share content from our website to social media, and to connect you to our social media profiles, should you wish to like or follow us.
We use this plugin to create our Contact form. When you submit an online form from our website we may collect personal information about you, such as your email address, as outlined above.
Official MailerLite Forms:
We use this plugin to connect with MailerLite, our email marketing service. When you subscribe to our newsletter, your name and email address and any other information you give us via the subscription form will be collected and stored within this service.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you may have some or all of the following rights including:
The right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
The right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
The right to erasure (right to be forgotten) – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
The right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
The right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
The right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month (30 days) to respond to you.
You can read more about your rights in detail here.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Resources & further information
- Overview of the UK GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 2018
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
- CalendarHero Security
- Cookies Policy